Monday, 15 September 2008

comfy bums...



I cannot admit to being a mum who loves bedtime, it is perhaps one of he most difficult times of my day. I am usually tired and am not at all interested in reading or long cuddles. We also have to kids under three who don't seem to have got the whole going to sleep bit !!!!! So i thought how can i make reading time fun and interesting to me? as shallow as it may sound making a couple of reading cushions was my answer..at least if i have to read that DK farm book for the millionth time i can a least gaze at my own handy work and figure out how to make it better or be inspired for another design...


So my son Barnabas is completely obsessed with jigsaws, he will do almost everyone we have every day. I thought i would do a jigsaw theme but first i practised on a piece of material i use for experiments. It is a good idea to have a piece of fabric for this reason as it is very disappointing to start of a project on a new bit of material and then realise it is not going to work out. for my daughter Florence i went for a doll theme. I wanted to make it look like a child's drawing so it is all out of proportion. This also a good thing because it hides the fact that i cant draw to save my life

No comments: