Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Lost without it....



I think it must apart of growing older...starting to depend on possessions...i realised the other day i had misplaced my favourite recipe book with all my own recipes and family recipes that are very precious. You know the one's that have been handed down and changed a little to suit me. I was lost!!! how can i make that special cheesecake again or my pizza dough that comes out just right???? I have been thinking a great deal lately about dependency on things around the home. We lost the electric in our village the other day due to snowfall and winds and there was nothing in the house that worked. We couldn't make a cup of tea or heat the house. There was a mixture of excitement and horror in the home as the kids precious consoles turned off. Well i managed to make the pizza dough from memory and it turned out OK....but i was very glad when Steve found the recipe book behind the radiator in the kitchen. I am thinking that i should have a stand by for all those special secrets though....

2 comments:

billie said...

hi sweety l love the photo ,what a beauty you are ..getting older!! well l dont think you need to worry about that yet ! l am staying here at marilyns for longer than l expected as the weather is rainy and l hav nt bought a car yet ..but thats ok you know how hospitable she is love to all; Mx

Sophie said...

Phew....I was so glad to find out you found it by the end of the blog post ;-)