Wednesday, 25 February 2009

MAJOR achievment...










For many many years i have been scared of using patterns......and completely avoided them. Whenever i make stuff i make it up myself and have several attempts until i get it right. Well i decided enough was enough!! it was time to conquer this and learn. In my favourite store they were having a sale on kids patterns and i went for one that only needed a metre of fabric to keep the cost and yes i admit, difficulty down. It is a very simple a line dress and it came out a treat. I was so proud of myself I made three in one day.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Wow! What an achievement! I love the fabrics you chose. You are so talented! I'm knitting a wrap from organically died merino for a baby girl. I love knitting for babies or little girls. Jamie Oliver is making bubble and squeak. Reminded me of you!? Did you make that for us?

Homemakers Tales . said...

http://www.dotsnstripes.co.uk/index

Hi Martha ..i came across this website and thought of you ..check out their fab patterned bias binding and also childrens fabric Love your blog ...Kieren