Saturday, 30 January 2010

just a thought....


It has been a long ,long while since I shared a little bit of myself honestly from this blog. I suppose I have been a bit to busy or pre-occupied to do it.

Something i have been mulling over for a while now is the time I spend completely alone. It is about ten years since I had time alone without anyone. There have been moments when i have escaped to go shopping or had an odd evening but recently this time has increased due to my youngest daughter starting pre-school. Because this time is in the week and in the day it seems as though I should be doing something constructive with my time. Alternatively on the weekends I have no problem with wasting the time away shopping.

I have too say this new found freedom is a a little UN-nerving. I have this panic feeling inside when each new day begins that I should do the most exciting activity. I simply cannot waste the day at home pottering. I suppose this comes from not being able to do this for such a long time there is a bit of a pendulum effect going on in my life......one extreme to another.

It is one thing staying at home when there is children about but when the house is empty it just feels all wrong. I can't decide if I either need to get used to this feeling or get out and just work somewhere else. I am sure from all the blogs I read this a common feeling but I suppose truthfully do I really believe that running a home is a valid job by itself ???

On the plus side my bathrooms are being cleaned more regularly and the skirting boards are free from dust..........but you have to ask yourself.. "there must be more to life than a spotless house"

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

I do know what you mean. It's a treat but you feel that you should be making better use of the time alone. I am reminded of the saying, "If you want something done, give it to a busy person." I have been very busy over the past 3 years and find it very difficult when I have free time on my hands to do something like knitting, quilting, or crafting. Since I work 25 hours/week, the free time is seldom but I tend to aim for a balance when I have a few hours to spare. I divide my time up. 1 hour of errands (ie. groceries and banking), then one hour of house keeping or gardening, then one hour of guilt-free crafting or shopping. That's how I enjoy myself!

Anonymous said...

I so know the feeling martha ,l ca tell you it doesnt go away ! It s seems to have something to do with finding meaning ,and it s not easy .I am thinking of you over here and missing you Mumxx glad I can at least see what you are all up to on your blogs and facebook .

Julie said...

I know what you mean, I remember experiencing the same feelings when my ELDEST went to school, leaving me with just the baby on my hands - the house seemed too quiet. I guess it's something that you get used to after time, but I'm dreading the little one going and me being completely on my own. On the flip side, it must be great to have some quiet time to craft/blog etc, so I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to fill that vacuum with outside work/job/commitments - it's all well and good til one of the children isn't well, or the school holidays loom, then what does one do ?

Qing Cai said...

louis vuitton outlet
ray ban sunglasses
cheap soccer jerseys
lacoste polo shirts
true religion jeans
salomon running shoes
denver broncos jerseys
mizuno running
cheap oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet
minnesota vikings jerseys
michael kors outlet
insanity workout
new orleans saints jerseys
coach outlet
gucci shoes
hollister pas cher
ray ban
swarovski uk
discount oakley sunglasses
puma sneakers
giuseppe zanotti outlet
tory burch outlet
abercrombie and fitch
beats by dre
philadelphia eagles jerseys
iphone 6 cases
michael kors outlet
marc jacobs outlet
cartier bracelet
thomas sabo uk
mont blanc outlet
oakley sunglasses
new balance shoes
real madrid jersey
hermes birkin
michael kors uk
cheap nba jerseys
michael kors outlet online
ralph lauren polo shirts
cai2015718

Esraa Abbas said...

http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-isolation-companies-8.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-isolation-companies-7.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-isolation-companies-6.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-isolation-companies-5.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-isolation-companies-4.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-isolation-companies-3.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-isolation-companies-2.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-isolation-companies.html