Monday, 5 April 2010



I feel as though this is me sitting on the stair's here although it is in fact my little Florence. I can remember so well being lost in a game like this wrapped up in the moment and surrounded by familiar and favourite toy's. It is so special to see this sort of imagination develop and to be honest a real relief because it gives hours of peace. Flo has just got the stage where she wants to choose and dress herself..something which I am not quite as excited about. Luckily her choices have been OK so far but I can feel a storm a brewing and some serious disagreements in the distance....GULP. Like I need that in the morning rush........Fortunately the good dressing up outweighs the bad at the moment and long may it last....

3 comments:

Riddlers cottage flowers said...

How lovely to see your little girl lost in her own play world. It only feels like yesterday that my James did the same thing. He is now 17. Take care Lesley.

PetitePeapods said...

Thank you for sharing this. My little one did the same thing yesterday! It is somehow reassuring to know that kids all over the world are doing the same things!

Chicken Willow said...

How gorgeous. My 3 year old dresses herself...sometimes good, sometimes bad. I never argue, I just take some spare clothes if she's dressed herself in her tutu in the middle of winter! She'll figure it out sooner or later and ask for some pants.